Seasonal Receiving Associate - Early Shift
Location POTTSVILLE DC , Pennsylvania
, United States
Category Distribution Center
Job Opened October 24th, 2020
Job Number 200002KT
Job Type Temporary
What This Position is All About:
An eCommerce Warehouse
Associate is responsible for the safe, accurate, and efficient flow of
merchandise into, within, and out of the Pottsville eCommerce Fulfillment
Who You Are:
- You demonstrate enthusiasm in a
team environment to deliver positive results.
- You possess articulate verbal
and written communication skills.
- You communicates in a timely
and appropriate manner to all levels.
- You possess excellent
organizational and efficiency skills.
You Also Have:
- High School Degree or GED
- 1-5 years of experience in
retail, wholesale, or direct to consumer warehouse operations.
- Must have understanding of
English language both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate
understanding of English during the interview process.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Good computer skills with the
ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Willingness to work overtime
shifts as needed.
- The incumbent is required to
possess and sustain physical requirements including but not limited to:
standing for long periods of time (up to 10 hours), lifting up to 30 lbs
repeatedly, walking long distances repeatedly, bending, stooping, climbing
ladders or stairs repeatedly, manual dexterity of hands to process orders,
push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must know how to distinguish
- Must be able to hear equipment
and warning signals.
- May operate non powered
warehouse equipment (i.e., pallet jack) which requires some coordinated
- Demonstrated understanding of
working with computer based systems.
- Manual dexterity of hands to
Count, bag, tag, sort, and package incoming freight
As an eCommerce
Warehouse Associate You Will:
- Assist shipping and receiving
unloading trucks and checking in merchandise.
- Read customer to determine
items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from
receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or
items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence
such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Assemble customer orders from
stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a
holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying
information using appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates and other
- Record amounts of materials or
items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assist in counting of physical
- Weigh and count items for distribution
within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities
maintenance duties as needed.
- Prepare customer packages for
- Sweep, dust and mop.
Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety
Your Life and Career at
- Be part of a world-class team;
work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career
advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or
- A culture that promotes a
healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all
eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing
HBC provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition
to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position.
Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or
selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the
materials or processes to be used.