What This Position is All About
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager of Operations is responsible for driving store profitability by ensuring the efficient facilitation of the selling process. The successful candidate will demonstrate fiscal responsibility while ensuring that the selling organization has the resources and materials to support the selling process and maximize the customer shopping experience.
The successful candidate will have significant prior retail management experience handling all aspects of store operations The Assistant General Manager of Operations is responsible for managing budgets and expenses, logistical operations, including receiving and processing of goods, returns to vendors, transfer of merchandise and price changes, as well as maximizing staffing and productivity.
Who You Are:
Innate ability to gain ground without damaging relationships. Can be both assertive but diplomatic.
Drives positive outcomes through objectives & measures, while monitoring progress & results effectively. Adept at course-correcting within a fast-paced environment.
You inspire others with your vision and sense of purpose. You have an optimistic spirit and celebrate wins and symbols of progress to rally support behind the vision.
Constantly looking for ways to improve the way things are done while driving personal results. Comfortable with change and challenging conventions.
You Also Have:
- 4-year degree preferred
- Expense management, P& L, profit and shortage control, basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- 5-7 years related management experience in retailing or other fast-paced service and selling environment, in positions of increasing responsibility and volume
As the Assistant General Manager - Operations, You Will:
- Oversee all support functions within the location and provide leadership to store management and associates in support of the selling organization, ensuring that critical support functions are focused on activities that enable the selling process.
- Monitor and control store payroll and expense, accounting functions, e.g. bill paying, invoices etc.
- Ensure that merchandise is received and processed in accordance with continuous flow principles, that new receipts are on the floor on the day of receipt prior to store opening, RTVs and transfers are processed efficiently and back of the house areas are organized and maintained to support the selling floor activities.
- Ensure appropriate associate coverage for selling floor and support areas through oversight of the CBS scheduling system; schedule executive coverage to effectively support the selling process.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.