This Position Is All About:
The Project Specialist manages all the translation requests that
have been received by HBC Linguistics from reception to delivery. On a
day-to-day basis, the PS is the contact person for the internal clients as well
as the external Language Service Providers (LSP) when it comes to all
projects-related questions. This is a 3 month contract position to start.
good knowledge in various software: Google Suite, Microsoft Office suite, Translation
Management Systems (Flow, FlowFit), Computer-Aided Translation tools (MemoQ,
SDL Trados, LogiTerm), Mac OS X environment as well as Adobe Creative Suite
(INDD, AI, PSD).
with colleagues and external clients.
high quality work within very tight time limits. Working under pressure.
You also Have:
education with specializations in translation, an asset.
to 5 years of experience in a related field.
knowledge of English and French (Fluently Bilingual).
strong communication skills.
- Positive and constructive mindset
to evaluate and prioritize tasks.
the Linguistics Project Specialist, You Will:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Receive and validate all translation requests from internal
clients. Prepare/analyze files for translation, either internally or by LSP,
based on content type, leveraging results and maximizing cost effectiveness.
- Inputs and updates all required project information
(i.e. translation/review time, comments, deliverables, etc.) in the Translation
directly in native file formats an format/create target language documents, as
- Follow established processes, while taking into account the
different operational schedules and SLAs (client/internal/LSP).
- Establishing and managing the workload of the internal translation
- Liaise between the clients and translators to resolve
questions/issues with ongoing projects.
- Reconcile external providers
invoices and process them for payment.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.