Store Event Coordinator - Lord + Taylor
Location PARAMUS , New Jersey
, United States
Job Opened August 14th, 2019
Job Number 190001SJ
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
Lord + Taylor (HBC) is looking for a creative, proactive and dedicated Store Event Coordinator who can help the store team conceptualize, plan, and execute events for Lord + Taylor while building community relationships. Event categories include custom events for fashion and non-fashion brand partners, L+T charity days, L+T corporately driven programs, and community driven events. This role is an important one to Lord + Taylor, a fashion-forward retailer known to craft thoughtful, curated events for its customers and the larger community.
The Events Coordinator will work directly with the Store General Manager to serve as his/her/their right-hand in creating one-of-a-kind events and reporting into Sr. Manager Experience Marketing and PR.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
As The Event Coordinator, You Will:
- Minimum 1+ years relevant work experience in experience marketing or events
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Knowledge of the marketplace and pop culture trends
- Ability to work evenings and some weekends
- Valid driver�s license and form of transportation
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Execute corporate driven events, from program kick off to post event recaps, with the understanding of corporate policies, standards and protocols.
- Lead extended store team on all event planning logistics including in-store location sourcing, vendor management, event staffing, decor sourcing/set up, and related merchandise displays.
- Manage and organize event RSVPs (when applicable), the in-store event closet, and corporate resources.
- Support the General Manager and store team with the creation and execution of community events including off site fashion shows, in store group gatherings, and sales driving opportunities.
- Build and/or maintain community relationships with local non-compete businesses, hotels, restaurants, salons, gyms and non-profit organizations/local charities.
- Research, vet, and maintain store community rolodex including caterers, DJs, florists, rental companies and related businesses.
- Compile store event timelines, upcoming event calendars, run of shows, and recaps.
- Maintain and track seasonal event budgets.
- Monitor onsite event execution including set up, vendor management, and break down.
- Manage building facilities and security procedures for receiving event materials and related elements.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.