Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
The Credit Associate will answer incoming calls related to new account applications, authorization and gift card transactions. Make account guideline decisions on high dollar accounts based on thorough review of account and credit history. Accurately resolve all customer inquiries received via email, written correspondence, phone or system queued.
Role responsibilities include:
1. Listen attentively, thoroughly review account, take ownership, address respectfully, resolve and accurately document all credit decisions
2. Comply with all guidelines established by the current banking institution
3. Assist with bank risk strategies by performing verifications and reporting real time circumstances that indicate a high potential for fraudulent activity
4. Consistently achieve expectation on all key performance indicators (quality assurance, compliance, productivity, schedule adherence, attendance)
5. Actively participate and manage performance development plan as set forth by Team Manager
6. Assist with answering Operator Directory calls
7. Attend all training/workshops as scheduled
Who You Are:
The successful candidate should have the ability to articulate in a clear, understandable and professional manner. He/she must have ability to make rational decisions as well as the ability to work independently, take initiative and problem solve. The ability to multi-task (talk, navigate and type simultaneously) is a must.
The successful candidate must be able to work nights, weekend and holiday hours.
� Minimum 1 year as Account or Credit Specialist in Credit Contact Center or
� Minimum 1 year Customer Service experience; preferably in a call center environment
� Banking or credit card servicing experience preferred
� Demonstrated diplomacy in both written and verbal communication
� Proficient analytical abilities and advanced math skills
� High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required
� Associate�s or Bachelor�s degree preferred