Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.What Is This Position Is All About:
Under direction from the Asset Protection Manager or Assistant General Manager Operations, the Asset Protection Associate is responsible for monitoring shortage results, shortage control, price changes, return to vendor transactions, receipt reconciliation, paperwork error control, investigations and apprehensions regarding internal and external theft, and implementation of store safety programs at an individual Saks Fifth Avenue location.Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are an expert communicator, with the special ability to build strong business relationships beyond your immediate team
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
As The Asset Protection Associate, You Will:
- Minimum of 2 years Asset Protection Experience, large volume retail environment preferred
- Ability to quickly learn Saks Fifth Avenue standards, procedures, and IT applications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Wicklander-Zulawski certification a plus
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be responsible for training store associates on awareness and Asset Protection policies and procedures.
- Maintain the integrity of physical inventory by monitoring reports and audits on a daily and monthly basis.
- Organize and conduct annual store inventory.
- Develop shortage strategies for merchandise groups, paperwork controls, and shortage awareness.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount