Saks Fifth Avenue- Buyer, Women's Designer RTW
location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened October 11th, 2018
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 18000CRH
Job Type Full Time
Buyers are responsible for the overall merchandising direction of a category or department(s) with the goal of meeting/ exceeding sales and margin targets. Buyers maintain a singular focus on the product and customer by incorporating competitive intelligence, customer insight, and business analysis. This role is responsible for the purchasing and negotiating of merchandise, they partner with Merchandise Planners to develop strategies to maximize business opportunities.
• Executes vendor selection and develops vendor partnerships.
• Monitors industry trends, evaluates competition, and attends major markets.
• Executes the merchandise strategy, including product selection and product and key item development.
• Manages the development of the vendor / store matrix, and assists in coordinating store input for the matrix.
• Approves departmental sales and average stock targets.
• Participates in the review of and approves departmental topside financial plans.
• Promotes and critiques replenishment assortment, financial plans and open to buy with Replenishment Analyst.
• 3-5 years experience in buying office.
•University or College degree or commensurate retail experience.
• Strong business and financial analysis skills; Proven ability to create and execute a sound business strategy.
• Strong retail math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI), Assortment Planning.
• Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills; Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to build / maintain strong Vendor partnerships.
• Willingness to travel, including overseas.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.