Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
A Brand Manager is a manager-level position for a focus brand that spans multiple product categories. The Brand Manager drives business through motivation of the Saks sales force and is accountable for the achievement of the overall vendor sales goals across all product lines. The Brand Manager represents the 'face of the brand' and is responsible for technical knowledge of all vendor products, product training, education for other Saks Associates, and product feedback to the Merchants/Stores.
Who You Are:
- You have been described by past peers and managers as having “strong leadership skills” and “excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills”
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You are comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment
- You are extremely results-oriented, and a true solution-seeker
You Also Have:
- 4-year college degree (Marketing, Business, or Communications majors preferred)
- 3+ years management experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success managing a business in the service sector
- Demonstrated track record of customer-focused sales growth
- Demonstrated ability to manage, develop and motivate people which driving company initiatives
As the Brand Manager, You Will:
- Build sales volume, establish and maintain customer relationships, effectively motivate a team of sales professionals, and develop sales talent
- Maintain a strong floor presence while acting as a role model for Sales Associates by exhibiting the highest Customer Service Standards and modeling/managing the appropriate selling behaviors
- Coordinate special orders, reserves and product movement between stores to deliver to customer requests
- Develop partnerships with Fifth Avenue Club consultants and other Store Associates to promote line and increase intersell
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.