Concession Business Director
Location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened February 11th, 2019
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 18000DE1
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What Is This Position Is All About:
Under the direction of the Assistant General Manager of Merchandising, the Concession Business Director is responsible for driving sales by working with concession executives to ensure a seamless and elevated customer experience across and between concession and owned businesses.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You utilize your strong communication skills to educate, influence, and inspire others
- You have been described by past peers and managers as having “strong leadership skills” and “excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills”
- You have a proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- You can work independently without concern, stay self-motivated and always meet your deadlines
As The Concession Business Director You Will:
- 4-year degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success, managing a selling workforce and achieving results
- Proficiency in utilizing available technology, especially Microsoft Office Suite and Google
- Flexibility in scheduling as the business needs require evening, weekend, and holiday schedules
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Act as liaison between Saks Fifth Avenue and concession executives to ensure strong business relationships and processes that will collaboratively deliver a seamless, elevated customer experience between and across Saks owned and concession businesses
- Be responsible for communicating and reinforcing core Saks Fifth Avenue service and selling standards to which concession brands are to adhere
- Establish and lead a strong communication governance with concession executives that:
- Ensures ongoing concession awareness of Saks Fifth Avenue services offered throughout the store, current marketing and promotional events, and policies relevant to the concession businesses
- Coordinates concession Brand/Product Knowledge training and ongoing education of Saks Fifth Avenue associates
- Connect concession business partners with appropriate resources to prevent and/or resolve customer service issues
- Maintain high visibility on the selling floor to ensure a seamless customer experience across brands, redirecting and providing feedback to concession executives as appropriate
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount for eligible employees
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.