Assistant Buyer, Fragrances
Location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened November 7th, 2018
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 18000DQ1
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson�s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium�s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:The Assistant Buyer is a motivated individual that will participate in vendor selections, and partnerships. They will assist with merchandise transfers, and ensure the resolution of data integrity. The Assistant Buyer will assist in providing information for the monitoring of inventory productivity, and the analysis of vendor profitability while providing data and analysis for price changes, and assists in entering prices changes on line.
Who You Are:
- Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A respected leader, with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
- Strong business acumen, and the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms
- Creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action
- Strong relationship building and influence skills
- Ability to think strategically as well as rolling up one�s sleeves and getting into the work. The successful candidate will be a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment.
- Embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win
You Also Have:
- University or College degree or commensurate retail experience
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply retail math concepts, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, and inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI)
- 1 - 2 years� experience as an Assistant Buyer, preferably in a major department store
As the Assistant Buyer You Will:
- Merchandising: Assists in vendor selection and in developing and maintaining strong vendor partnerships. Assists in monitoring industry trends and in evaluating competition, and attends major markets as feasible and necessary. Provides information for the development of the merchandise strategy, and assists in product selection and product and key item development as directed. Assists in conducting line reviews / style outs for management and staff. Assists in setting up new items in the item database. Ensures the dissemination of product knowledge to store associates. Executes the Best / Worst Seller Review. Develops sales unit performance reports. Aids in the preparation of the Merchandise Hindsight. Ensures merchandise samples are maintained accordingly.
- Purchasing, Allocation, and Replenishment: Assists in analyzing class performance, planned class penetration, and average retail by class. Assists in managing the timely placement and maintenance of purchase orders. Assists in providing analysis to support micro-merchandising strategies. Participates in weekly allocation strategy sessions. Assists in merchandise transfer initiation. Executes returns to vendors as negotiated and necessary. Assists in providing feedback for space strategies (fixture /square footage). Ensures the resolution of data integrity (on hand) issues. Provides information for identification of distribution and vendor logistics opportunities. Aid in providing systems (STARS Planning / OTB) expertise for other users. Provides information for coordinating systems (STARS planning/OTB) enhancements requests.
- Open-to-Buy Monitoring: Assists in the development and maintenance of the PO checkbook. Assists in the bi-monthly forecasting of sales and inventories through the OTB review process. Executes the markdown projection process and provides information for the projection and negotiation of vendor allowance. Supports the development and execution of aged inventory exit strategies. Monitors vendor to store receipt flows, and actual to planned receipts. Manages the purchase journal review process. Assists in providing information for the monitoring of inventory productivity, and the analysis of vendor profitability. Monitors and evaluates the vendor received not ordered compliance report.
- Pricing and Promotion: Assists in establishing pricing strategy. Provides data and analysis for price changes, and assists in entering prices changes on line in a timely manner. Assists in planning and approving all advertising and promotions. Assists in providing information for the timely response to store visit notes. Provides feedback for ad in stock on promotional items, and ensures the communication of in-stock issues to stores. Provides analysis and monitors style advertising effectiveness. Manages product ticketing and in-store signage. Facilitates the issuance of store presentation guidance. Furnishes information to Price Management with regard to store communications on pricing issues.
- Financial Planning: Provides information for the preliminary development of the vendor / store matrix. Provides information for the flow of the departmental topside plans by month. Assists in providing analysis for and participates in the Business Review.
- People Development: Participates in training and development. Helps to develop and support a team environment, and participates in the team's activities. Participates in fostering job satisfaction and positive morale.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.