Senior Marketing Manager, Voice of Customer Research & Insights
Location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened May 10th, 2019
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 190001XP
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America include Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Saks OFF 5TH.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
The Voice of Customer Research & Insights team sits within the Marketing Shared Services and leads all Voice of Customer research and insights including ad hoc primary proprietary customer research (quantitative & qualitative), Customer Experience (CX) Feedback Measurement, and syndicated business intelligence reporting across all North American business units (Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Hudson's Bay, and Lord & Taylor).
The Senior Manager position will serve as a key driver across all areas of the team, championing customer focus throughout the HBC organization, ensuring that strategic shifts are grounded in the customer. The position's core responsibility is managing proprietary research/customer insight programs to continually reinforce and refresh a clear picture of the customer's changing needs, expectations and behaviors across HBC North American business units. The Senior Manager will build relationships across functional teams to understand insight needs, develop the right research programs to support those needs, and share key findings/implications to inform action.
This position will report into the Vice President, Voice of Customer Research & Insights.
Who You Are:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver with a love for learning and a strong ability to drive a project plan with multiple internal and external dependencies.
- Strong critical thinker: ability to synthesize data/information and derive useful themes and trends within the business.
- Attention to detail as well as capability to understand the big picture and market trends.
- Fast learner and adapter.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast paced, time-sensitive business environment.
- An energetic and enthusiastic team player, with ability to develop strong partnerships within the shared services team and across core business unit partners.
You Also Have:
- BA or BS required. Post secondary education in Business (e.g. Marketing Research, Marketing, Finance) or related field of study preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing research partners and leading hands-on research initiatives within a customer/market research function (agency or in-house) or retail consulting. Strong interest in sociology, customer psychology and fashion/retail.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel Skills.
- Experience with hands-on statistical analysis in SPSS or SAS helpful.
- Ability to synthesize data/information and derive useful themes and trends within the business, in order to translate and articulate quantitative and qualitative findings into actionable strategies.
- Ability to shape communications/presentations around storytelling to best engage and influence audience.
As the Senior Marketing Manager, Voice of Customer Research & Insights, You Will:
- Independently develop and manage research programs (under the oversight from the Vice President) based on business needs, leveraging a mix of methodologies and best practices across qualitative and quantitative research approaches. Think creatively around project approach and problem solving to drive greatest impact of research deliverables. This includes ability to both lead and execute in-house research initiatives (including questionnaire design, programming, fieldwork management, analysis) as well as ability to manage external research partners (including timeline management, review of all materials, ability to bring HBC-specific knowledge to guide final deliverables).
- Act as trusted partner, garner credibility, and proactively collaborate with others across the organization (i.e., stores, merchants, marketing, digital, internal communications) to drive customer insight around key business questions that can help shape strategic direction. Present to and influence a range of audiences across function and level.
- Partner closely within the Customer Insights Marketing team to marry data cross all relevant sources: proprietary research insights, database analytics, Voice of Customer insights, and Customer/Market syndicated data to develop complete picture of customer and business opportunities.
- Manage and develop customer research communities including close partnership with third party agency partner to maintain program health and oversee program logistics (e.g. developing content and activities to boost engagement and retention of customer panelists while ensuring optimal customer experience while engaging within platform).
How Often You May Travel:
- 5% travel within North America.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.