1st Shift Receiving Bulk Picker/Unloader
Location LA VERGNE , Tennessee
, United States
Category Distribution Center
Job Opened October 28th, 2020
Job Number 200003TU
Job Type Temporary
What This Position is All About:
The unloader/bulk picker is an individual who is responsible for unloading freight from the incoming trucks into the main receiving area and transporting it to other areas. Responsibilities also include using equipment to pick large items from High bay.
Who Are You:
- An excellent problem solver
- Neat and organized
- A team player
You Also Have:
- High School Degree or GED required. 1-5 years of experience in retail, wholesale, or direct to consumer warehouse operations
- Must have understanding of English language both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate understanding of English during the interview process
- Must possess basic math skills
- Possess articulate verbal and written communication skills. Communicates in a timely and appropriate manner to all levels.
- Good computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent organizational and efficiency skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm in a team environment to deliver positive results
- Ability to work weekend shifts
- The incumbent is required to possess and sustain physical requirements including but not limited to: standing for long periods of time (up to 10 hours), lifting up to 30 lbs repeatedly, walking long distances repeatedly, bending, stooping, climbing ladders or stairs repeatedly, manual dexterity of hands to process orders, push or pull up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to distinguish between colors
- Must be able to hear equipment and warning signals
- May operate warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack, cherry picker) which requires some coordinated movements
As The Unloader/Bulk Picker, you will:
- Assist with all receiving operations
- Use equipment to pick large items from High bay
- Work with lead and coordinator to resolve damaged freight issues
- Assist in resolving discrepancies on items picked
- Attention to detail
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Unload, stack, move, and place products in designated areas
- Use pallet jacks, hand carts, etc. to transfer and deliver goods
- Ensure tools and equipment are kept clean and in working order
- Report any equipment malfunctions or issues to upper management
- Adhere to health and safety rules and regulations at all times
- Work with other team members to effectively complete assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Work in Excel Spreadsheets
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.