Operations Coordinator - OFF 5TH
location CALGARY , Alberta
Job Opened July 12th, 2018
Job Number 18000953
Job Type Full Time
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What Is This Position Is All About:
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting sales and profit; achieving all company objectives and inspiring a high-performance team. The Operations Coordinator drives results by overseeing the efficiency and productivity of the back of house functions including Door to Floor process, price changes, and cashiering support.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You lead by example and work to promote a strong teamwork-centered environment.
- You have proven time management skills and are comfortable managing multiple projects and dealing with shifting priorities
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
As The Operations Coordinator You Will:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively using inventory management systems, and POS cash register
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekend, and holidays
- Prior retail merchandising and supervisory experience
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Support the selling and service processes; providing direction to team in achieving sales goals and execution of company initiatives.
- Provide feedback to the store’s management team on associate performance and concerns
- Support training of associates on processes, standards, tasks, and product knowledge
- Be responsible for store opening and closing functions and the daily operational functions of the store
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.