Temporary Holiday Associate - OFF 5TH
location ROCKVILLE , Maryland
, United States
Job Opened October 10th, 2018
Job Number 18000CL5
Job Type Temporary
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
The Selling and Service Associate is responsible for driving sales and profit in their identified area of business and supporting the overall store performance. The Sales Associate is also responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience by keeping the store environment organized and ready for customers and by offering friendly, efficient service.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are an expert communicator, with the special ability to build strong business relationships beyond your immediate team
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
You Also Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening, weekends, and holidays
- Experience in a retail, customer service, or sales environment
As The Sales Associate You Will:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Consistently greet customers and educate them on current promotions.
- Complete the markdown process timely, with accuracy, and according to company standards.
- Efficiently and accurately process sales transactions using the POS register system and adheres to checkout standards.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires, as well as assisting customers in fitting rooms to ensure proper sizing and fit.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.