Director, Marketing Analytics
Location NEW YORK , New York
, United States
Job Opened September 28th, 2020
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 2000023W
Job Type Full Time
What This Position Is All About:
This individual is responsible for leading the Analytics practice at Saks OFF 5TH. The role will directly serve Marketing/Media leads and interact with DVP and VP levels to guide strategic conversations around Advanced Analytics, Marketing Effectiveness and Optimizations. This role will oversee multiple analytic functions including MMM, MTA, CRM and Data Science catered to a variety of use cases. The Director will focus on providing best in-class support to Marketing teams in executing personalized targeted marketing across Email, Direct Mail, and Acquisition Media by managing priorities through effective communication and business benefit estimation. The analytics function will focus on building new techniques for unified marketing measurement and to add additional tools for Marketing Analytics to drive customer facing outcomes. In this role, the Director will be responsible for idea generation and analytics roadmap management, determining new data exploration needed and operationalizing customer facing marketing programs and creating longitudinal behavior data stores for customers. He/she will act as the analytic expert behind Saks OFF 5TH’s omni-channel data architecture & CRM investigations and initiatives, playing a key role in targeted marketing and personalization performance measurement and key enabler of personalization.
This person is expected to also be a champion for the analytics and measurement discipline within the organization – he/she will be responsible for working cross-functionally and at all levels to incorporate best practices into marketing analytic process and practice, and agencies and vendors. In addition, this position will liaise with Data Engineering and peer-Analytics teams to manage the collection and organization of customer/product analytics data for data science, management of model-ready variables, governance over effective cross-analytics collaboration and participate in personalization discussions to solution or scope the ask to Tech teams.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with SQL, Python, R, SAS as well as sound understanding of enabling marketing programs through advanced analytics, data science and business rules. The candidates should be strong in marketing analytics, as well as display a strong business sense and a willingness to rapidly ramp up on new ways of working. The role is built for a go-getter, creative, quantitative thinker, someone comfortable pushing for discipline and structured thinking amidst disparate data sets, processes and siloed initiatives, and someone excited about expanding awareness and enabling powerful analytics. The ideal candidate will have a passion about the customer and retail.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
Calm and comfortable in ever-changing environment; results-driven with an ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Self-driven, curiosity and initiative, building and enriching new, rapidly-growing tools & insights.
Inquisitive thinker, with the ability to continuously iterate to drive efficiencies in processes and effective in collaboration across cross functional teams
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or a quantitative field like Economics, Mathematics or Statistics.
7-10 years experience in marketing analytics, data mining, data science, database marketing.
2+ years managing people – both individual contributors and teams / projects
Hands on experience with command-line statistical analysis software (e.g. SAS or R) and with Python.
Comfort moving between strategic business objectives and consumer-centric data needs and solutioning them with IT
Ability to think like a marketer / vendor while solutioning data layer to enable a variety of personalization use cases / marketing strategies.
Specifically, you should possess the following skillsets:
-Programming: Proficiency with command-line statistical analysis software (e.g. SAS or R) or with a high-level programming language (e.g. C++, Java, Python, SQL, VB, etc), including familiarity with databases, website and app tagging, data maintenance, cleaning; knowledge of web analytics packages (e.g. Omniture or Adobe Analytics)
-Business Acumen: Proven ability to operationalize growth strategies through robust Test & Learn, and customizing data science outcomes to business – recognizing the variability and complexity of business and store operations – should be comfortable with ’80-20’ output to drive meaningful, actionable business results.
-Project Management: Strong attention to detail, willingness to wear multiple hats, building and tracking a work plan in a fast-based environment, working with Engineering and Product teams in AGILE environments to plan for and execute sound data tracking solutions
As The Director, Marketing Analytics, you will:
- Lead multiple functions within purview of Advanced Analytics and Data Science including but not limited to Unified Marketing Measurement, CRM, Segmentation, Web Analytics, Personalization, Promotion & Marketing Optimization
- Act as the subject matter expert on All Data / Database technologies, Advanced Statistical Models / Data Science Techniques and Analytics Technology
- Operate as the key thought partner for Email marketing teams in development of contact optimization strategies, personalized trigger programs and A/B testing
- Manage Leads, Managers and Analysts / Senior Analysts responsible for individual functions
- Build new analytic capabilities for Saks OFF 5TH by translating business needs into analytic problems and seeking out the data necessary through internal and external partnerships
- Serve as the key Tech Liaison with Data Engineering teams and responsible for ensuring accurate requirement gathering, managing expectations with Data Engineering and Data Services as well as Vendors
- Identify and drive strategic priorities by participating in vendor selection, grooming and onboarding plans, ideation meetings and manage prioritization process / roadmap with internal and external stakeholders
- Define team vision and orchestrate projects, processes and cross-functional task forces to deliver meaningful outcomes
- Prepare and deliver executive ready presentations highlighting insights and recommendations
- Translate business needs into solvable analytic approaches
- Support DVP on key initiatives as required
- Keep up to date with technological advancements / open source adoption in the data science industry
- Lead development of internal talent to meet future needs of the organization
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.