Selling Supervisor (OFF 5TH)
Location PITTSBURGH , Pennsylvania
, United States
Job Opened September 24th, 2020
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 2000025A
Job Type Full Time
What This Position is All About
is responsible for ensuring delivery of exceptional customer service and the
achievement of sales goals and key selling metrics.
The Supervisor may also be responsible for store openings and closings and
certain daily operational functions of the store including acting as Selling
and Service Leader as assigned. The Supervisor is responsible for driving sales
and profit through developing the selling skills and behaviors of the Selling
Specialists and training and holding associates accountable on processes,
tasks, and product knowledge. This is a “hands on” working supervisory role
actively engaged in performing tasks and customer service needs as well as
modeling expected behavior and task performance for associates under their
The successful candidate promotes selling and service by creating a friendly
environment, responding directly or through other associates to customer's
needs, resolving customer service issues, and supporting associates with
customer situations. The successful candidate understands that in order to
ensure the success of the team, performance issues must be managed effectively,
counseling poor performers with a focus on timely correction and/or resolution
of associate performance issues. The Supervisor has overall responsibility for
store Selling Specialists, day-to-day front-line supervision, and task
Who You Are:
- You build morale and spirit in your team, share wins and successes, and encourage or contribute to open dialogue
- You drive positive outcomes through objectives and measures, and are a people builder who is focused on bringing out the best performance and potential in others
- An out of the box thinker who shines in brainstorming sessions and generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including novel ideas
You Also Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, 4
year degree or relevant work experience preferred
- 1+ years of supervisory experience with
comparable volume or a proven track record of success supervising a selling
workforce and achieving results.
- Ability to drive sales and service, establish
and maintain client relationships, and complete operational tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as
business needs require
- Ability to counsel and coach associate
As The Selling and
Service Supervisor, You Will:
- Selling and Service Behaviors
- Consistently greets customers and educates
them on current promotions.
- Completes the markdown process timely, with
accuracy, and according to company standards.
- Signs merchandise accurately according to
directive and current promotions.
- Efficiently and accurately processes sales
transactions using the POS register system and adheres to checkout standards.
- Recommends, selects, and help locate or obtain
merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Assists customers in fitting room to ensure
proper sizing, color, fit, etc.
- Responds appropriately to customer questions,
inquiries, and needs.
- Achieves individual and store goals for sales,
customer acquisition and loyalty
- Participates in the ongoing maintenance of the
selling floor and fitting rooms, including re-sizing of fixtures, putting
go-backs away, executing markdowns, and signing fixtures and windows where
- Participates in store programs and selling
- Engages customers and ensures stores daily,
weekly and monthly goals are met with email capture and loyalty program
- Maintains the proper display of goods in the
store, ensuring they comply with brand standards.
- Adheres to Loss Prevention control and
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Life and Career
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an
adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement
opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time
employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.