Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
The General Manager is a business leader who is profit minded, and able to execute the HBC strategy through effective management of people and process. Dynamic leadership abilities, combined with exceptional communication, analytical, and in-store marketing skills are essential to success in this role
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You are a true influencer – someone who can effectively communicate and build relationships across all levels of the organization
- You lead by example, and can easily maintain your composure under pressure
- You utilize your strong communication skills to inspire, direct, and lead your team to meet all proposed deadlines
As The General Manager, You Will:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 7+ years of retail management experience and profit & loss responsibility
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to diffuse challenging situations
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Develop short and long term action plans that address opportunities and positively impact the business
- Build and execute development plans to drive optimal performance for all direct reports
- Review, understand and take action regarding sales and productivity results on a weekly and monthly basis
- Build a succession plan by identifying internal talent within the executive and associate groups, and make it a priority to make them successful
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request inrelation to the materials or processes to be used.