to help us transform the retail industry? The ideal candidate has a strong
strategic planning and content strategy background, with experience in an
in-house brand or agency. We’re looking for a highly strategic and creative
thinker who’s able to translate insights into creative content across all
channels. We're still in the early stage of developing the team, so you’ll have
a unique opportunity to help define the vision and all aspects of content
planning. This role will be based in Toronto and will report to the Associate
are a strategic planner or senior content strategist with a passion for new and
creative ideas, clear and compelling marketing narratives, and can lead a team
that is creating content across digital, social, video, and internal/external
brand communications. You always use cultural and customer insights to frame
your work and confidently collaborate with creative teams to deliver insightful
and effective work. You have excellent attention to detail. You are a hands-on,
innovative leader who can influence others across teams with strong leadership
and a clear vision. You have a talent for turning abstract concepts into captivating,
insightful, actionable and innovative outputs.
● Own content strategy and strategic planning across the Marketing team.
● Lead new opportunities and improvements for creative content across various channels from paid social, email, landing pages, and more.
● Bring style, culture and trend inspiration to the team.
● Develop proactive ideas and innovative creative solutions that address brand and business goals.
● Develop integrated content strategies for digital and social channels with key business partners.
● Own the end-to-end content strategy process from ideation to execution across multiple projects.
● Drive exceptional content solutions that holistically align with business goals and the needs of our customers and partners.
● Act as a trusted expert on all things content to cross-functional partners.
● Establish and evangelize content standards and guidelines in partnership with creative leadership.
● Identify new opportunities for content to help evolve and improve Hudson Bay’s brand and business.
● Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking.
● Deeply understand the business goal and challenge its requirements as necessary.
● Reviewing and inputting into creative briefs.
● 8+ years experience as a strategic planner or content strategist for an agency or in-house creative team.
● Your work proves you can think big and optimize based on channel.
● You can distill dense information/data/insights into singular, important ideas that are easily executable for creative teams.
● You thrive in a small team environment and play well with others.
● Strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
● Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationale.
● Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
● You are an excellent storyteller and communicator.
● You exude enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
● A firm understanding of user-centric design and content development best practices.
● Fluency in digital and social, tech, and content trends across platforms.
● Passionate about transforming retail.
● Great taste and up to speed with relevant trends within the industry.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.