to help us transform the retail industry? The ideal candidate has a strong
copywriting background, with experience at an in-house brand or agency. We’re
looking for a strong creative, conceptual writer who can think big while also
operating at the smallest level of detail. This role will be based in Toronto
and will report to the Associate Creative Director.
have both (creative) agency and in-house experience. You find opportunity in
everything, especially the briefs or areas people tend to often overlook. You
work well with others. You err on the side of overcommunication. You bring
energy and passion not only to the work, but to any room you enter. You present
well and know how to hold the room. You obsess over the details but can deliver
quickly. You know how to prioritize a chaotic schedule and heavy workload. You
champion great ideas, even if they are not your own. You possess all the
confidence without the ego.
● Constant creative conceptualization and iteration for fully integrated campaigns.
● Help strategize new opportunities and improvements for creative content across various channels from paid social, email, landing pages, and more.
● Can lead and shepherd creative from concept stages through to production working with art director, designers, producers and project managers to deliver the final product.
● Create brand consistency, ensure that all materials support and strengthen Hudson’s Bay’s brand and personality.
● Bring style, culture and trend inspiration to the team.
● Maintain brand standards and consistency of brand voice.
● Lead concepting and copywriting for all modern marketing channels.
● Develop proactive ideas and innovative creative solutions that address brand and business goals.
● Present concepts to project stakeholders and leadership with clarity and conviction.
● 6+ years experience as a copywriter for an agency or in-house creative team.
● Your work proves you can think big and optimize based on channel.
● You can distill dense information/data into singular, important ideas that are easily executable.
● You work in several different mediums/channels (and your book proves that).
● You thrive in a small team environment and play well with others.
● You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that elevates a brand's creative experience.
● Strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
● Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationale.
● Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
● Passionate about transforming retail.
● Great taste and up to speed with relevant trends within the industry.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.