What This Position is All About:
Reporting to the Associate
Creative Director, the purpose of this position is to strategically develop
and build creative concepts across multiple channels for Hudson’s Bay. As an
awarded creative thinker, the Senior Art Director is expected to push the boundaries
of creativity and play an active role in the conceptualization, design and
production of transformative work as we evolve our brand.
Who Are You:
You have an
impressive portfolio that demonstrates your integrated experience and taste
level. You have a passion for creating work that is compelling, beautiful and
thoughtful. You value work that has meaning and purpose. You have a
solutions-oriented and collaborative approach in all that you do and are used
to working with writers, designers and other creative team members to create
the best work of your career.
You Also Have:
- 8+ years’ experience as an Art
Director or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Experience working in an integrated
agency or lifestyle brand with work spanning across all channels (digital,
OOH, broadcast, print, social).
- Desire to challenge norms, push
boundaries and explore new territory to help transform our brand.
- Experience with fashion, beauty, home
and lifestyle categories.
- Must have a working knowledge of the
Adobe Suite of products.
- Strong conceptual thinking with
experience art directing still and motion productions, including; pre and
post-production, retouching, colour, editing and audio.
- A robust creative network.
- A strong understanding of type and
- Positive attitude, team-oriented,
optimistic, flexible, solutions thinker, problem solver.
- Ability to collaborate and lead
freelance and agency creative partners.
- Exceptional presentation and
- Organized, self-directed and able to
manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner.
- Global awareness of trends across the
retail, fashion, home, beauty and lifestyle industries.
As The Sr. Art Director, you will:
- Lead the development of creative
campaigns for both brand and key categories, including; concept development,
presentation and production.
- Develop strategically relevant
creative solutions based on the information gathered from all documents
including the creative brief and integrated team members.
- Ensures all work ladders up to brand
strategy and style guides.
- Collaborate with all members of the
Creative, Production, Product, Brand, Digital and Ecommerce teams.
- Partners with writers and designers to
develop integrated creative solutions to creative briefs.
- Regularly attends briefs, group
meetings, production meetings, and presentations where appropriate.
- Oversees all aspects of art direction
for your projects, including; talent sourcing, production oversight and
presentations to senior leadership.
- Supervise agency
partners/vendors/freelancers assigned to projects.
- Consistently produces work that drives
the brand forward.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think
and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to
supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including
medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look
forward to reviewing your application.
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC
complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence,compensation and training.
welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected
to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are
available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.