What This Position is All About
The Senior Internal Auditor will be accountable for leading assigned assurance and consulting engagements or executing assigned parts thereof as per the annual Audit Plan with the primary focus of evaluating and improving the effectiveness of HBC’s risk management, control and governance processes. This role will interact directly with stakeholders at HBC and provide a high level of professional service in line with the Institute of Internal Auditors’Standards.
In addition, the Senior Internal Auditor may be required to assist in the completion of the company’s annual internal controls over financial reporting program as need.
Who You Are:
- Someone who sees ahead clearly, is detail oriented and can share engaging visions for the big picture perspective
- A person who leads by example and communicates a clear vision while driving positive outcomes through objectives and measure
- A team player who brings people together when needed to boost morale and spirit in their team
You Also Have:
- University degree
- CPA, CA or CMA designation or equivalent
- Certified Internal Auditor designation (CIA) preferred
- Understanding of applying the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and practices.
- 4+ years auditing experience
As the Senior Internal Auditor, You Will:
Execute on the audit plan:
- Audit Delivery: Leads assigned assurance and consulting engagements or executes assigned parts thereof. Plans the objectives and scope for assigned assurance and consulting engagements using a risk-based approach, or assists internal audit management in doing so. Designs and develops risk-based audit programs and related procedures for such areas to address the objectives, or assists internal audit management in doing so. Completes files within time budgets and target dates, and/or reviews peer or work to ensure sufficient work was completed and evidence obtained to meet the objectives of the engagement.
- Reporting and Communication: Investigates audit observations to identify root causes of control deficiencies. Writes concise, risk-focused reports with practical recommendations. Communicates with and engages stakeholders in a diplomatic and tactful manner, in discussions of audit observations, risks and recommendations. Ensures open communication with other members of the Internal Audit department, as well as other employees, members of management, risk, and other organizational partners, in the areas of risk management, governance, regulatory compliance, and internal policies/procedures.
- Assist with ICFR program or other ad-hoc requests as required
- Utilizing data analytics where possible
- Maintain IIA Standard and strong client relationships
- Maintains the independence of the audit practice and its personnel
- Ensures that all audit procedures executed are conducted in accordance to IIA requirements
- Develops and maintains good working relations with key stakeholders
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.