Pension Administrator (Bilingual) - Remote Role
Location TORONTO , Ontario
Category Human Resources
Job Opened September 14th, 2020
Education Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Job Number 2000032B
Job Type Full-Time
What This Position is All About:
The Pension & Retirement Program Administrator is a remote role. In this role you will provide a high level of technical and administrative support to the organization and other members of the administration team with respect to the HBC Retirement & Savings Program including the Registered Pension Plan, Group RRSP and TFSA and benefits.
Who Are You:
- Has a good sense of time and is able to complete tasks in a timely manner by utilizing time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates ease in flexing all communication styles in order to build & maintain relationships and sets a clear vision through strong written & verbal communication skills
- Customer focused with the ability to act promptly in routine situations and sees a clear plan of action to a positive result in the customer’s eyes
- An individual who is detail oriented and has the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
You Also Have:
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Experience and knowledge of retirement and savings plans - including Pension, RRSP and TFSA a definite asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting as well as basic financial concepts
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in oral and written communication
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Adaptability to interact professionally with internal and external contacts
- Initiative and self-learning (i.e., keeping up-to-date with industry changes and trends)
- High skill level in Excel as well as proficiency in Word.
As The Pension Administrator you will:
- Defined Benefit terminations, retirements, pre- and post-retirement death benefits and marriage breakdown settlements – including all correspondence
- Responsible for Defined Contribution administration – including enrolments, terminations, retirements, pension amounts for leave of absence and data analytics (in a timely manner)
- Contribution and data reconciliation
- Communicates with external and internal service providers and business partners as well as active Associates, terminated and retired members and spouses
- Process invoice payments, reconcile accounts, and other support to department financial reporting
- Maintenance of retiree information and post-retirement benefit data
- Work closely and collaboratively with other members of the team and give support as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look
forward to reviewing your application.
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC
complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence,compensation and training.
welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected
to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are
available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.